Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Abu Dhabi

Minneapolis to Chicago

Chicago to Abu Dhabi.  In Chicago, I met one of my friends from school. He's going to Nepal for the summer as well and we're both on the same flights! Nice to have a travel buddy.

Abu Dhabi to Kathmandu!

At the moment, I'm in Abu Dhabi after a 13 hr plane ride and sitting through a 12 hour layover. I was asking around to see if someone could tell me where the gate was for the next flight. One person didn't answer the question and informed me that I qualified for a free hotel room. I got lucky and was able to get a room! Comes with a shower and 2 meals. I thought I was going to be sleeping on a couch tonight.

The flights from Chicago to Katmandu are on Etihad air. I'd never heard of them before, but they were the cheapest. They are a super nice airline though. Similar to Korean Air and Singapore Air. I even got mango juice on the plane. score.

I was able to step outside the airport briefly and it was so HOT. and humid. Felt like Singapore, but hotter, and it's the middle of the night.


That's it for now. Hopefully I can update this while in Nepal but I''m still not sure what the internet situation is yet.

1 comment:

  1. woo! Excited to hear about yo adventures! So you better update occasionally, fool!
    Jaz

    ReplyDelete