Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Baluwa and Balephi

We took about an hour drive out to Baluwa village. Two of the projects we saw were a buffalo farm and a technology training center, both supported and coordinated by CDRA.

Buffalo farm. Buffaloes are bought when they are small, raised here, then later sold to a butcher or farmer.

This contraption cuts grass for the buffalo to eat.
Technology training center. I think I will come back here and teach a couple classes. They learn how to use computers and the internet. I told them I could help with Word/Excel/Powerpoint lessons.
After Baluwa, we ended up in Balephi! Ashok learned I was from Balephi and said it was only "20 minutes" from Baluwa and did I want to go visit my birthdad? I said sure! Why not! It ended up being more like an hour away from where we were, but we made it! I surprised Prem. It was nice to see the village and family. I stayed for about an hour then headed home. 
Ashok, Subarna, Suresh, Prem, me

On the way back it was raining, so the windshield would fog up. The driver gave Ashok a rag to wipe the fog off. I noticed the heater/defroster wasn't on. At first I thought they didn't have it on because it just didn't work, but then I realized that maybe they didn't know what it was used for. I told Ashok how to turn it on and the fog disappeared. It surprised me that they didn't know about the defroster, but now they know! No more steam.


Later I did some henna with Katie. Pretty fun! We've also been eating mangoes and playing games on her iPad when the lights go out at night.

self-administered henna

No comments:

Post a Comment