Sunday, July 13, 2014

Kathmandu weekend

Briefly went to Kathmandu.

Katie needed to get an Indian visa so she could visit Delhi for a couple days. She convinced me to come along and paid for a really nice hotel in Thamel. We met a french friend-of-a-friend of hers for dinner one night, and the next night met up with Rubita.

We went to the Indian embassy and discovered that she was highly unprepared to get a visa. So that didn't happen unfortunately. We also did a lot of shopping and visited Swayambhunath aka the monkey temple aka the-one-with-steep-stairs-you-have-to-climb-in-the-blazing-sun. Usually I can get into temples/palaces for free/reduced price because I look Nepali. This last visit to the temple was the first time the guard actually asked if I was Nepali. In Nepali. So luckily I understood him, and replied minimally to avoid detection of my foreign accent that I'm 100% sure exists.

Now I'm back in Banepa and I've edited another report/proposal for a mobile medical clinic. It will be submitted to donors and other rotary clubs for support. It sounds like a good plan.


Finally, this Blogger site can track page views and collect other data. Some of these page views have been viewed with internet explorer and Safari. To those of you still using those browsers, I'd recommend chrome or firefox. Just kidding, do what you want. I thought it was funny I could see that data. Also, there have been frequent page views from Slovakia. Who do I know in Slovakia???

No comments:

Post a Comment