Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Last days in Kathmandu

Prem and I went to the hospital again and spent about 4 hours there. We followed Smita around as she arranged for him to get xrays of his chest, an EKG, medicine for his stomach, and talk to the doctor. I don't know much about x-rays, but I think I know enough that his chest xrays show that he is a heavy smoker. 

I thought this sign was funny because Nepalis are always hawking loogies. Everywhere. It was posted outside the hospital.

On the way back, we took the bus. Prem fell asleep (this is where I get my vehicle sleepiness from) so we missed our stop by about 15 minutes. As we were walking back, I heard someone call my name. I was really surprised because I don't really know a ton of people in Nepal. It was a couple of Kanchan's friends from the house she used to live in. I was surprised they recognized me. They told me they still play the card game I taught them last time I was here. I told them it was called "Liar" but it's better known back home as BS or Peanutbutter. I didn't want to have to explain what BS was.

The next day, I went to church. I like going to church with them because it's 80% singing which is nice to listen to. Halfway through, I left with Kanchan to teach Sunday school to some squirrely kids aged ~4 to 10. I learned that Abraham's wife was Sarah. She was 100 years old when they had their son Isaac. Isaac means laughter. Then Kanchan asked if I knew any games, so I taught them all Duck Duck Goose. Seemed to be a hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment